Deciding Whether to Buy New or Used
When it comes to making any kind of purchase, one of the BIGGEST questions is whether to buy new or used? This is an especially crucial question when it comes to buying transportation equipment, such as new final mile, freight or moving trucks.
There are several things to consider when buying these types of trucks. First, you need to narrow down specifically what kind of truck, or trucks, you need and for what you plan to use them. Once you are confident that you know exactly what you need, you can start to ponder this question: new or used?
- The Benefits of Buying a Used Truck
- If you buy a used heavy or medium duty truck, the cost will be significantly lower than if you were to pay for a brand new one.
- Well-maintained used trucks can be found in excellent condition.
- You may find that some used trucks still have remaining warranties, and, in many cases, extended warranties are available. Trans Advantage makes it a point to include a warranty with its used truck inventory.
- The Risks of Buying a Used Truck
- A used heavy or medium duty truck can be in any sort of condition. This is why you should ensure that you are buying from a reputable dealer or reputable private owner.
- Used trucks can require more maintenance than new trucks and, in some cases, extended warranties may not cover repairs.
- When your truck is out of service, you are potentially losing revenue and increasing expenses until you are able to get back on the road.
- Because these vehicles can have any number of damage problems or wear-and-tear issues, it’s important that you thoroughly inspect the truck prior to purchasing.
- Performance can be slightly lower in a used truck than in a brand-new truck, simply because the truck has already been used.
- So what are the pros of buying new?
- Extensive warranties: Most new trucks come with a lengthy and extensive warranty, covering all sorts of damage or issues. This can provide major peace of mind and save you money on repairs.
- Full knowledge of the truck’s history: This is another big reason people like to buy new. When you buy new, you’re in complete control and, as long as you know you will take good care of it, you’ll probably get a long, reliable life out of your truck.
- Latest Technology: Purchasing new means that the truck will be built with the most up-to-date technology. New trucks are built for better fuel economy and can reduce your carbon footprint.
Regardless of your decision on new verses used trucks, you should always buy from a reputable and knowledgeable source, like Trans Advantage, who can offer you:
- New or used truck selection
- Knowledgeable staff that uses a consultative approach to guide you through the buying and financing processes
- Financing options, including leases and loans
- More than 60 years of experience in helping customers, like you
Contact us today and we’ll answer any questions you have about purchasing a new or used truck, as well as any questions you have about financing your purchase. We are here to help.